Monday, August 25, 2014

Things I would do differently Issue 1

I know I have posted about breast feeding before and my issue with the tenacity and ferocity with which the 'breast is best' message is shoved down one's throat. I just feel a lot stronger about it now because V won't take a bottle anymore. Going into breast feeding, I was fully aware that this could happen, I just didn't quite realise it could happen even after bub had happily taken a bottle for months. Now I must say, I really wish I hadn't breast fed past two months. Please don't hurt me for saying that. It's just, I would love to be able to spend over 4 hours away from my daughter every now and then, even just once a month. It's not that I don't love her and love spending time with her, it is just that I love a few other things too, like long runs, getting my grocery shopping done or visiting friends without stuffing up V's sleeping schedule. I keep wondering what on earth I would do if I were going back to work now. I have a few months to get things sorted out though and she should be on a cup so it isn't dire straights just yet.

What I have learnt now, is that up until 3 months, feeding is pretty much a reflex. Most baby's will drink from bottle or boob without much fuss. Around 3 months, they realise that there are options and they have some say in this choice, so some babies start refusing the bottle. I figure if I had stopped around 2 months, then bub would not have seen there being more than one option. Then I would still have a tiny bit of freedom. Then my boobs would not be keeping me hostage.

No comments:

Post a Comment